I’m Gael Metais, a French guy passionate about:
- web technologies
- speeding things up!
I tell everyone I’m a Webperf expert, but what does it mean? Well, I have deep technical knowledge about how a browser browses, how a server serves and what can possibly go wrong on each one or in-between. Short answer: a thousand of things can go wrong and slow down navigation.
If you need a Webperf audit, please check this contact page.
In case you just want to learn more about my background, there it is:
- Back in 2007, in my first job, I divide by four the response time of a web app without telling anyone.
- In 2009, I’m officially asked to improve page speed on a larger project and I start reading all I can about the subject.
- In 2010, I win the first prize in a worldwide Webperf contest.
- In 2013, I officially become a Webperf contractor and start auditing websites.
- In 2014, I write Yellow Lab Tools, a free open-source audit tool used by thousands of web developers.
- The machine doesn’t replace the human (yet). In the following years, I keep delivering dozens of audits for all kinds of companies.
- In 2020, I open this blog!
Hmm… what else? Oh yes, you can follow me on Twitter to read the last Webperf news and be informed of new blog posts.